June 24, 2013

It's Monday... What are you reading?


Jen Vincent of Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee Moye of Unleashing Readers host It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? with a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in  anything in the world of kidlit – join us! We love this meme and think you will, too. We encourage everyone who participates to support the blogging community by visiting at least three of the other book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.

Last week I read some real downers! All of these books involved love... unrequited love, sadness, loneliness, 1 included teenage suicide, 1 included kidnapping the dude you love and locking him in your attic and 1 included a 15 year old falling in love with a 21 year old who moves to Japan to get away from her. Good times! 

This week I am back to reading what I love best- books with a sense of mystery, intrigue & a little supernatural action. This book is shelved in the fiction section, but appeals to teens and was a 2012 nominee for the Aurealis Award

 I am only on page 30, but this is what I know: Myfawny Thomas (rhymes with Tiffany) wakes up in a park surrounded by dead people- all wearing latex gloves. She gets her wits about her and finds a letter in her jacket pocket addressed to "you". Upon reading said letter, she realizes that she has lost her memory and the letters are from her former self. Someone she works with in the government is out to get her and she doesn't know who or why. This book had me hooked from the first line and I didn't breath for the first 2 pages. I can't wait to see how this book plays out!

5 comments:

  1. I've only read one of Lauren Oliver's books, and it was one of her MGs. I hope to get to her other books soon as well. Enjoy your reads!

    Check out The Monster Report

    ReplyDelete
  2. OooOoo - The Rook sounds right up my alley! I'll have to add it to my TBR list! Enough of the mushy love stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Rook sounds interesting and a nice turn from your somber books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Rook sounds like a great choice. I may have to find it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did read some downers! I loved Before I Fall and it is a classroom favorite. I haven't read Caring is Creepy. I will have to check it out. Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete